Tuesday, January 12, 2010

These Arms Were Snakes

My long, arduous journey down the college application road is coming to a close. What is the first thing that I did when I clicked that "submit" button my friends had been talking about for months? I went on facebook and updated my status to something I thought was witty. Good times.

Now I just have to stay on life support until the letters start rolling in. Though I am sure I won't get in, I really would like to go to Skidmore. If not, I just hope one of the other colleges take me. They're all very similar schools so the only sad part will be that I am not at Skidmore. Let's hope the other sad part won't be that I didn't get into a single college.

Assuming I do get into college, I'll actually be carrying a lot of my friends with me to the East coast. I don't have that many friends so it's not a hard task. Haha. I also will have to deal with all the people (one person actually) I don't want to ever see again since apparently they'll be tagging along too and they'll probably want to hang out with my friends when I'm hanging out with my friends. Let's hope Oregon adopts me instead. Haha. I wanted to get away from everything I am used to here which sadly includes the people I want to spend time with. Maybe it's a complete douche thing to do, but I wanna see what I can do just completely by myself. By that I don't mean I'll move out and not talk to people ever again. I mean like living on my own, forming new relationships on my own, paying the non-existent bills and child support on my own, etc. Maybe I'll see that I can't actually survive on my own and come crawling back to Oakland. Who knows?

In other very depressing news, These Arms Are Snakes is no longer a band. Boo.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment