Friday, January 1, 2010

Pretty and rainbows

Remember Happy Meals? Of course you do. Remember when they would occasionally have different toys for boys and girls? Like one gets a Hot Wheels and the other gets a Barbie? I remember being so completely bummed every time I got a Barbie. I couldn't wrap my mind around why on earth the person behind the counter would give me a freakin' Barbie. They saw that I was a boy because I was the one who ordered the damn Happy Meal. Your company made a distinction that little boys got a piece of plastic with wheels on it and girls got a piece of plastic with hair sticking out of it. SO WHY GIVE ME A DAMN BARBIE?!

Of course, I realize now that it was probably because they ran out of cars and really didn't want to fight an eight-year-old boy over not getting a toy in their Happy Meal. So we got the left over Barbies. What did I do to these Barbies? What any little boy would do. Lick them.



So it's 2010. I want this blog to head in a more organized direction. Less rambling. More themes. Less assholes. More references to things that you probably won't pick up on. Less about me. More about me. Less about sad. More about happy. Life is in the pits.

Also, my new New Year's Resolution is to make one U.S dollar through adsense. That is why you'll notice there are ads on my blog now. They in no way get in the way of your reading so I might as well right? It's hard out here for a not-famous person on the internet.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment