Monday, July 27, 2009

Keys to the good life

Are they allowed to swear in TV shows in the UK? Spaced has a ton of swearing in it and it's not bleeped out. They kinda swear on the UK version of the Office, but there were definitely a few episodes that featured dildos that were not censored. So I don't know. Do you live in the UK? Do you watch TV? Will you answer my question? Are you my mother?

I'm really stoked for the new Alice in Wonderland movie. I haven't been this stoked for a movie in a long time.

I think I may in fact go to that Matches show next month since I have other reasons to be in the city anyways. Now I have to buy a ticket.

There's this anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion. It may in fact be my favorite of all time and then some. Apparently the creators are putting out a series of four movies that are basically an updated version of the 26 episode anime. By update I mean shinier robots, more CG crap, new story/plots points that were left out in the original series and possible the worst choice ever: Less Asuka (although I'm not sure of this since I haven't seen all of them, but from what I've read she's already half-dead by the end of the second movie). Two of the movies are out now. I'll hopefully be able to see the first one tonight. Hopefully it'll be just as confusing and fucked up as the original anime was. If you haven't seen Eva, it is a really, really fucked up show and very hard to follow because it's very deep (at least for a dummy like me). The filler episodes feel like an acid trip.

There's suppose to be some sort of Asian Man Records thing going on at Bottom of the Hill this Friday. I think I might go since Mike Park (guy who runs the label) will be there and maybe some of the people I know that know Mike Park will be there and I could see if they are interested in an unpaid helper monkey. DREAM BIG!!!!

SHAMWHATTHEFUCK?!

-Allan

1 comment:

  1. We have a watershed time in the UK of 9PM so any shows on after that are allowed to contain swearing :) AND I FUCKING LOVE SPACED!

    ReplyDelete