Friday, February 27, 2009

No sir, you don't understand...

There's this song on the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack called "End of Small Sanctuary". I feel very blank (for a lack of any better word) when I listen to it. It just brings out a lot of things in my head that cancel each other out. I don't think I can quite explain it to another person since I'm pretty sure they will never know exactly what I'm talking about. Sure, you probably have your own version of this, but that's not gonna do. I don't know. The way the song is arranged (and there are maybe a handful of other songs out there that are arranged kinda like this) just makes me stop. I can't explain this.

Not that there's any reason to.

I'm like the guy who gets shot and then wins the lottery. A bad thing followed by a great thing. In some weird alternate universe, those two would cancel out and the gunshot wound and money would disappear and I would return to the state I was before. In our less alternate and very real universe, that wound would still be there and all that money doesn't really fix shit. I still would've gotten shot. There's still a chance I might die. You get what I'm saying? That's exactly how my life is. I get shot every minute and win the lottery every other. Can YOU live like this?

"Well duh. I would be filthy rich and could pay for super fancy hospitals and stuffs so it's all good."

You dummy. That's not what I was getting at.

A birdy told me I could score a free set of EMG pick-ups to put on Lo'. That would save me about $200+. But I can barely play guitar so I really don't see a point in doing all this.

-Allan

1 comment:

  1. It's not the song from Silent Hill that makes me feel blank, it's all the Pyramid Head manniquin rape.

    ReplyDelete