Monday, February 2, 2009

Pale Bride

This week is gonna be killer. I mean, which week isn't killer? It's just that I'm too stoked about other shit that I won't be able to concentrate on this week. The handful of tests I don't wanna take don't help either.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to take Bio. I like Bio. I just don't wanna do some of the things it asks of me. Like fucking science fair. I hate it. Very much.

I have no clue where my musical taste is going nowadays. I've been listening to a lot of Chiodos. I don't care what you think about them, I like them. They're not too generic. They've got Craig Owens who has a crazy voice. The rest of the band ain't half bad either. I've been listening to this band called Looking Glass Wars from New York. I advise you go download their free EP "A Place in a Parlor". A) Because it's free (in the sense you have to pay the internet bills still...) B) Because it's a lot louder and heavier than their full length. There's also some fairly sick guitars on the EP (did the guitarists get better or were they just holding out on the LP?). I get giddy every time I hear sweep picking. Haha.

Other than that, I haven't really listened to any new bands. Chiodos, DESA, Circa Survive, Tera Melos, The Sound of Animals Fighting, 187 Calm, The Fall of Troy, and Facing New York. I keep coming back to these bands. Over and over until I implode. So yea, I'm not too diverse with my music.

That took a 180 in the weirdest direction. Sorry.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment