Friday, September 11, 2009

Substitute People

My 8th grade teacher sent me a letter today. It's one of those "time capsule" letters they make you write and they return it to you at some point later in your life. I couldn't remember when she said she would send it, but it sure as hell is here now. I'm scared to read it. I wrote it back in 2006. That person's been long dead.

While we were cleaning out the MEW today for the dance tomorrow, we stumbled upon these two really old speakers. I was told I could have them. Now I have a new project on my hands: To make these things work and convert them into amp cabinets. All I need to do is change the input jack into 1/4'' jack and make sure the speakers work still (I was assured they could be replaced cheap). Then I'd have to paint it some color since it's an ugly brown color right now and the paint's wearing off too. It would be awesome if all of this ends up working out.

I've been unable to stay up past 8 p.m. in the past week or so. This is not good because I have piles and piles of homework to do. I've been able to bullshit through my first week of school without letting anyone know I'm behind, but if playing catch up doesn't work out this weekend, I won't last through next week.

Do you ever think that I'm just fooling everyone?

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment