Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another night of sleeping with the lights on...

CHICAGO! CHICAGO! CHICAGO!!!!

I can't seem to stay awake. Maybe I should lay off the coffee and try to normal out a bit. But coffee is so good to me...

I get to see my college counselor tomorrow. I haven't seen her in a few months. I have a feeling it's going to be kinda awkward and depressing because she's just gonna tell me I can't get into college.

Today was the last day of French III. We got candy and stuff! :D I got an 80% on my listening final even though I had no clue what the hell I was doing until about 3/4's of the test had gone by. You see, we were listening to conversations between two people and the questions mostly required you to choose to most logical response to the question being asked at the end of each dialogue. For some reason, I thought the question wasn't at the end so I spent most of the test just guessing. Hahaha. Then I read the directions and was like "Oh.....fuck!!!"

There's a Jeff Buckley documentary that's out right now (I think). I wanna see it.

I think this whole pop punk fad is one of the worst things to have happened to music. And by "pop punk", I mean those bands 12 year olds swoon over. You know the ones I'm talking about. The whiny vocals, the skinny jeans, all that hair product and the thoughtless lyrics just needs to stop. I mean, I'm not saying all of these bands are bad. It's just that 90% of them that are popular right now are. I only say this because I don't know. I can't take it so it's wrong? Hahaha.

Is it stupid to be upset with music? It is. It's been around for so long that things have unconsciously organized itself into neat little formats and formulas whether you like it or not. By now, it's just a matter of how good you are at making these your own which not many artists are doing. Like why do people start bands and play music? To get famous and hopefully make a living out of it so you don't need a normal job. It's so much easier to look pretty, win the hearts of 12 year olds, and and just go with that than not look pretty and try to actually put good music out.

"Oh, you're the fucking expert now aren't you?!"

YES! >=O

I'm ready to not wake up until well past noon thank you very much.

-Allan

1 comment:

  1. You'll be fine. :) Don't worry!

    Sorry for not responding on aim, my dad came home and he likes to talk a bit so yeah... got caught up.

    ReplyDelete