Sunday, June 21, 2009

You fight that monster

My turn offs include: Not super awesome graphics, set camera angles, that really annoying movement scheme where the up button only makes you walk forward and the back button makes you walk slowly backwards and makes turning a bitch, not being able to shoot over-shoulder, giant monster thing that screams "STARS!!" and basically rapes the shit out you...

Okay, I like (love and would love to get married to) Resident Evil 3, but some of the old-fashion stuff I just can't take anymore. Anyone who has since played RE4 or 5 can maybe agree with me that the control scheme for those games are way better. It makes killing zombies way easier and it's really nice to see what you're shooting at. Then you revisit the old games and it's like "...we should see other people."

There are also these also things in game that force you to make decisions that affect how the rest of the game goes. The very first one you make is whether or not to face Nemesis within 5-6 minutes of the game starting. Nemesis, for those of you who don't know, is a giant zombie thing in a trench coat that stalks you throughout the entire god damn game because that's what he was made to do. He's even on the cover! The full title of the game is actually "Resident Evil 3: Nemesis"! He's suppose to be a big deal. So no way in hell I'm gonna choose to fight that right? Wrong! There's this problem with me that if I tell myself not to do things, I more than 90% of the time end up doing them. So screaming "DON'T CHOOSE FIGHT!!" over and over only lead to me choosing to fight and being pummeled to the floor like a meat sack. Here's where the not so awesome controls kicked in and forced me to spend an extra second with my decaying, fleshy friend.

But who's complaining? I get to shoot zombies. Plus I spent a good hour updating hacks and all that technomalogical BS just to get one PS1 game to work so I am gonna play it. I will play the shit out of it.

I'm a potty mouth. :O

-Allan

1 comment: