Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happiness = Brokeassness

Okay, so this is purely my own opinion (as with like 99% of this blog...) and will make you think "He's so wrong, I have to tell him otherwise". So fuck you if you wanna do that. And forget everything we've learned in English this year (though I'm not exactly sure I'll touch upon those things).

Okay....

I just had this very random thought this morning. I was thinking about the state I would be in should I invest all my money in something (i.e. that new guitar). I was like, "I'll be completely broke. I actually have to take money from my parents should I need it. Blah blah..." Then it came to me. There was some secret, repressed attraction towards the idea of being brokeass. And thus children, I believe the key to happiness is being brokeass. And maybe not constantly brokeass. Just dipping in and out of brokeassness. I mean, look at rich folks who never seem to have to worry about being brokeass. Is it safe to say a good number of them are still unsatisfied? Are unhappy? I like to think so. They don't have to feel that moment/rush of vulnerability you get when brokeass. I don't know. Hahaha.

I may change my views on this when I actually have to support myself, but we'll wait and see.

And I'm not advocating brokeassness. I'm not telling you to go out and purposely live your life constantly risking being homeless. This is just how I feel and for some reason I felt like applying it to everyone. =/

"You dummy, the key to happiness is boobies..."

Well then sir, your world is way better than mine.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment