Monday, May 18, 2009

Ashtray slipped

I just finished the ridiculous paper of doom about Freud and all those silly philosophers of the Enlightenment and all that mumbo jumbo.

I fucking hate life right now. This week has actually started sucking since last week (if that's actually possible). It's gonna keep sucking 'til I'm 80 and homeless (if that's actually possible).

Guess what? More creepiness!

I think that everything I do is an attempt to impress some imaginary girl that doesn't exist. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm too brain dead to expand on this.

When I start getting new music, I have to control myself or I go on a rampage and just pick up a billion CD's from a billion different bands (or just one band I decide I'll love). That's why I give myself a limit. I don't like it when it gets to the point where I have like six albums I've kinda half-listened to once and haven't really taken the time to sit down and take anyone apart. I like to sit through albums like a billion times. I've hit one of those points right now. So no more new music for a while. >=O

I've started listening to a good amount of country/alt-country/ctrl+alt+country. I don't know why. Haha. I mean, it's mostly just stuff that Ryan Adams has worked on (which is basically just his solo stuff and Whiskeytown). That feels like a lot though. Don't think I'll ever get into like Tim McGraw or any of that hardcore stuff though.

I've seen Elizabethtown about a billion times now. I think I like it so much because it turned me onto Ryan Adams. Maybe because I'm secretly a sucker for cheesy love films that involve a ton of things I want to do (like take a road trip and have a huge family based in Kentucky?).

If I use "a billion times" again, please send me a punch in the face in the mail.

-Allan

2 comments:

  1. I tried to watch that movie once... fell asleep about 30 minutes in. (To be fair, I think all my lights were off, it was late-ish, and I was in bed.)

    Why impress an imaginary girl instead of a real one? I hear the real ones are more pokable.

    I have to go do homework and then sleep right now, otherwise I would be IMing you saying absurd things! So just think about this for now:

    PEWPEWPEW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent the last two days reading your entire blog :/ (weird i am aware, sorry about that)
    But in my defense it got me out of revising for my physics A level which i will now fail so thanks.
    Also ty for introducing me to Margot and the nuclear so and sos because they are the most awesome thing i've heard in ages. :)

    ReplyDelete