Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Punk is dead, Let's fuck!

I found this neat little band today called The Finger. It consists of one Ryan Adams and a few other gentlemen. They play what wikipedia calls "hardcore punk". It's super silly and absolutely nothing like what Ryan Adams usually does (not even in his punk days). It's just like half an hour of loud guitars and screaming (most of the songs are under a minute). They've got the best album cover ever too. A picture of breasts with middle fingers covering the nipples? Classic! They have one album called "We Are Fuck You" and it's not THAT hard to find on the interbot (you probably don't wanna pay money for this...).

Today at school, I picked up a magazine called "Adbusters" in the library. I was so blown away by the randomness of the magazine that I almost wanted to subscribe to it. Of course, I didn't read any of it and was only looking at the amazing pictures so I had no clue what it was about. So I went home, googled it, and now can retract that previous statement about wanting to subscribe. It's suppose to be kind of anti-consumerism/culture jamming bullshit that sticks it to the man. The best part though, is that a year's subscription is $40 and it just goes higher for the longer term packages. It's also printed on super fine, glossy paper and looks very fancy. What the hell? It should be for free and printed on shitty printer paper!!! >=O My conclusion is that it's a magazine for fucking hipsters so I could never love it.

I spent most of the day quoting "Idiocracy". If you haven't seen that movie, what the fuck is wrong with you? This is valuable viewing material and will get you prepared for what the future most likely will be.

The new Marilyn Manson disappoints me. So much. It's horrible. It's actually unbearable. I deleted it and am still shaking. =/ Stop trying so hard to scare us sir. It's 2009, nothing is scary anymore. Please just concentrate on the music cause that's all the really matters...

Time to get polikticalz?

Today, California decided it was a good idea to uphold Prop 8 which basically tells the gays that they cannot marry in this here fine state. But all the gays that got married when gay marriage was legal for all of one minute will still be recognized as legit marriages. That should make them happy right? No California...no... Though I don't think the state is to blame. I'm in no way surprised this was what we decided on either. We've really not progressed as much as people would like to think. Sure were all driving those hybrids and vegans are fucking everywhere, but gay people still can't get married at the end of the day. I don't think I'm gonna go over how I think limiting marriage the way we are is just really stupid. Why don't we waste our time finding a "cure" for gay instead people? Not letting them marry isn't gonna stop it you know?

And on that subject, well....I was just gonna talk about how some people overplay the whole "I'm so open-minded and a great person because issues like this just screw my day up". I am a horrible judge when it comes to people, but I like to think I know when people are faking it (whatever the hell that means). Some people (like me) are just sheep and go with what our surroundings tell us to go with. Silly, false people without thoughts of our own. Some people take it the extra mile and walk into every class with some phony rant about how horrible the events that took place today are. You're not really "opinionated". You're just full of shit.

Am I really cynical to everything? Or am I just cooler than Holden Caufield? Or maybe I'm just some stupid asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else. I'd go with "C" because it's smart to guess "C". PHONY PONIES!!!

I can make this post longer. I believe!!! Were gonna talk about my love interests because you so fucking wanna read about it. You've been dying to read about it. It's been gnawing at you from the inside and manifesting itself in the worst of ways.

Okay? No not really. I don't actually have anything to say about that. I just cling for dear life onto any girl who pay attention to me and that really doesn't work. If you look at me, I'll probably fall in "love" with you. It's that disgustingly bad. I like how I'm writing this and the song in the background sounds like it's saying "Charlotte" when it's really going "Shalalala" ("Pa" by Ryan Adams & The Cardinals. Tell me that doesn't sound like he's saying "Charlotte"). So yea. I don't know why I say these things. It's like I'm trying to convince myself. Convince myself to do what exactly? I don't know.

This post is way too long. Go work on your Russian accent and leave me alone.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment