Saturday, April 11, 2009

All The World's A Stage

Here's where setting my priorities straight kicks in.

So there's a show every year (since they started doing it) at my school put together by out resident dance troupe, FADE. What FADE is basically is a bunch of girls who spend a ton of money to choreograph some silly dance moves and on costumes then parade around for like two days. I mean, they're not complete shit so I shouldn't talk smack about them, but they do waste quite a bit of money. Fast forward, fast forward. As a techie, being able to tech FADE is an opportunity to make a good amount of cash since you can charge for the most bullshit things and the school will pay you. Also a chance for creepers to stare at girls while they change backstage. Awesome right? Sure. It's great. It's even better if they told you they don't fucking need your help until the very last minute. "Oh, can you show up at 11 tomorrow? We also have practice from 6pm to 10pm for the first half of this coming week. You can make it right?" I took a lot of shit for doing Footloose. I haven't quite recovered from that since all my teachers are still not down with me helping out with all these shows. So yea. My immediate answer was "Fuck. No." A lot of people have dropped from the show. Techies, dancers, creepy molesters. I don't care enough about FADE to work for it. Sorry. You can easily find someone else to take your bullshit.

I probably will end up doing it though if they can't find a replacement techie. I'm apparently the last competent one that hasn't dropped from the show. I don't trust even the smallest tasks with the freshmen techies. They break body parts (i.e. BOTH ARMS RIGHT BEFORE A PLAY) and leave equipment turned on over-night even though their only job is to listen to what we tell them to do and do that one task.

Blah blah blah.

Fuck it. I'm running away. You'll never find me and I am most definitely not the disheveled homeless man in your closet.

Good morning.

-Allan

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you're not the disheveled homeless man in my closet. He seems really uncomfortable in there. Not a whole lot of room, you know.

    OMGEEZ YOU CHANGED YOUR PICTURE! (Were you thinking I wouldn't notice? 'Cause noticing things is kind of my thing.)

    ReplyDelete