Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We need a classier title for a post like this

the honey trees

These people are known as The Honey Trees. They're my new find of the day. If you're down with stuff like Eisley, you'd really like this band. If you like girl fronted bands, you'll have a fucking ball. I've also made it so you can just conveniently click that picture and end up at a myspace page where you can get a taste for what they sound like. Aren't I nice?

I found out about them from this awesome blog that has a ton of music up for cheap music fans like me to download. Not gonna promote the blog though since I don't wanna be caught advocating them (not that enough people read this thing for it to be a problem). They also have a ton of screamo (a very generic term for screaming music in my book) stuff. Sure, I'm super down with screaming when done tastefully (it can happen). I'm just not down with all the screamo bands who all sound the exact same, dress the exact same, have identical looking members, and all have a stupid band name involving killing a girl (i.e. Hannah, Catherine, Gwen, etc.) or doing something equally horrible to a girl or something involving blood or burning something down. They also not ashamed to push their merch in your face with 8 billion banners on their freakin' myspaces.

I realized a super suck at changing guitar strings. That and I keep telling myself I can't fuck up because it's a really nice guitar and that makes me nervous and I end up doing worse. I didn't even have to change strings really. I just don't like the way the previous guy strung em and I'm super picky about that kinda stuff. I do it the Justin Sandercoe way (which if I tried to explain, would make this post even longer) and I normally do a good job. That and I keep thinking the strings are slipping because the damn thing won't stay in tune. It's a four year old guitar and a freakin' Les Paul so it shouldn't have that problem yet. Things seem to stay in tune better now, but maybe it's all placebo.

"MORE GUITAR TALK! WE WANT MORE TALKING ABOUT GUITARS LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!"

I love you too disembodied voice I occasionally use to spice up these posts.

So I'm really close to pulling a Radiohead. What that means is I'm about to just cut up all the bits and pieces of various "songs", put them in a hat, draw out lines at random, put it all together, and say that Kurt Cobain was my biggest influence when none of it makes sense. I probably have enough stuff written down to produce at least three songs that way. Or.... I let the fuckers change until I can't stand writing the same old thing for months and give up. Or I can actually live life a bit more, go out and date older women, develop a drinking problem, hurt a bunch of friends, go to New York City, follow more people into the dark, and come out a changed man with a bunch of things to write about. Hahaha.

Sleep very tight.

-Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment