Friday, April 3, 2009

Quack

I was worried you died in a freak smelting accident or something.... Plus, your comments aren't creepy. Some of those other ones though, man...

Last night, I saw a little band called Ratatat at the Fillmore. It was not what I expected at all and was in fact awesome with all kinds of things on top. They are really good. They've got some good songs and a killer live show. I don't normally listen to stuff like that, but I really liked it. The opening bands were pretty good too. Okay, one of them. The first one was this MC called Despot. He was just like one dude onstage with a mic and a journal with dicks drawn everywhere. Aesop Rock made a little appearance during one of his new songs. He was good. The second band I still have no clue what they're called. They sucked. You really had to be tripping on a lot of shit to be able to enjoy them. I can only describe them as crappy electronic music with really, really repetitive beats. I got really bored after the first song. And that was it. Then Ratatat came onstage and fucking killed. HOORAY!

Also...

LYDIA'S PLAYING AT BOTTOM OF THE HILL ON MAY 29!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, it's really close to finals and the SAT's, but fuck it! I NEED TO GO SEE THIS SHOW!!!!!! RAWR!!!!!!!

-Allan

1 comment:

  1. A freak smelting accident? That would suck, I think. And thanks for the assurance of my non-creepiness.

    I'm glad you got to go to a show! I'm going to my/my boyfriend's friends' show tonight, so that should be fun. They don't suck like most high school bands, so that's good. (If you want to check them out, here is their myspace : http://www.myspace.com/bluetulipband. I dunno if you care but there it is. They're The Reverends.)

    um um um I have nothing more to say! Off to play Sims some more or something.

    ReplyDelete